A 0.7.2 with only stuff that now works is now available on

http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/9385/rockit-0.7.2.gem

with a README like below. I guess you should also get it by simply
doing "sudo gem install rockit" but rubyforge currently gives me the
faulty 0.7.1 version (I guess it will soon update any "caches").

More to come...

/Robert

---------------------

This is a preview release of the upcoming Rockit 0.8.0. It has
*VERY LITTLE* in the form of documentation and examples so it is mainly for
*VERY INTERESTED* inidividuals who want to check out what is coming. You are
also encouraged to give feedback on the "pure-Ruby" way of specing grammars.

Lots of stuff that will be in 0.8.0 is not in this release:

  * Proper memoization (la packrat)
  * Optimization
  * Error reporting
  * Java grammar
  * Ruby grammar
  * many of the good stuff from older Rockit versions (tree pattern
matching, fully automated AST generation etc)
  * GPL only on things related to generation, MIT/BSD on everything needed for
      using the generated parsers etc (as much as possible)

so *BE WARNED*... ;)

If you still want to check this out I suggest you start with the example in

tests/acceptance/packrat/minibasic

which is a grammar and interpreter for a mini version of Basic.

You might also get some background by checking out the starts of a paper
describing Rockit (in file rockit_paper.pdf).

If you have comments I'd appreciate if you send them to me at:

robert.feldt / gmail.com

Thank you for your interest!