Daniel Berger wrote:
> Larry Kelly wrote:
>> What progress is being made to improve Ruby's speed on Windows
>> platforms.  I'm finding much slower on Windows, especially Windows 2003
>> Server.
>>
>> --
>
> What exactly are you finding slow?  Also, I've noticed that I/O in
> general is slower on Windows compared with other platforms, for
> example.  In addition, what version of Ruby are you using?  Did you
> build it yourself?  If so, with what compiler and what options?
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan

One example.
Webrick on Fedorora C5. starts up in 3 to 5 seconds.
Webrick on Windows 2003 Server takes 30 to 40 seconds on the same
hardware.

I've tried this on 700mhz and 3ghz machines. Results are about the same.
In all cases, OS was installed with normal defaults, no attempt made to
tune anything.
-Larry