Alun and folks,

I just built/installed expat, Ruby, XMLRPC and XMLParser on a Mac OS X
10.0.4 box, and they all built fine.

Here was the configure output from XMLParser:

>.ruby extconf.rb
>checking for xmlparse.h... no
>checking for expat.h... yes
>checking for XML_ParserCreate() in -lexpat... yes
>checking for XML_SetNotStandaloneHandler()... yes
>checking for XML_SetParamEntityParsing()... yes
>checking for XML_SetExternalParsedEntityDeclHandler()... no
>checking for XML_SetDoctypeDeclHandler()... yes
>checking for ntohl() in -lsocket... no
>creating Makefile

As you can see, it didn't find xmlparse.h, but did find expat.h. It seems
that XMLParser wants to find the header files for expat in some directory
called "xmlparse", as in /usr/local/include/xmlparse. See if they are there
and try that out. Sorry I couldn't be more help.