(Ruby 1.8.4 on Mandriva2006)

I need some help with tkHTML.  The current problem is that, if I try to follow
this example (from
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/667a7e153dabd20f ):

 require 'tk'
 require 'tkextlib/tkHTML'

.. read a HTML-doc, and set it to the variable 'doc' ...

hv = Tk::HTML_Widget.new.pack
 hv.parse(doc)

It fails at the step =require 'tkextlib/tkHTML'= with a message:

RuntimeError: TkPackage can't find package Tkhtml
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/tk/package.rb:86:in `require'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/tkextlib/tkHTML/htmlwidget.rb:15
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/tkextlib/tkHTML.rb:13
        from (irb):2

What I've done (generally):

I may have confused the issue, because I've downloaded and installed both
ActiveTCL and the standalone ktHTML packages.  I installed the ktHTML package
first, and tried the example before installing ActiveTCL, but got the same
result.

At one point, from somewhere I got the hint that I should run the setup.rb
files, so I found one in /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/tkextlib and another
in  /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/tkextlib/tkHTML.   They are not executable, so I
ran them as ruby scripts, i.e. =ruby setup.rb= from the directory containing
the files.  No improvement.

Some observations:

Directory /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/tkextlib contains, among other things:

tkHTML/    tkHTML.rb

Directory /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/tkextlib/tkHTML contains:

htmlwidget.rb  setup.rb

Line 13 in /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/tkextlib/tkHTML.rb is:

require 'tkextlib/tkHTML/htmlwidget'

Any hints?

Randy Kramer