On 3/22/06, Avdi Grimm <avdi.grimm / gmail.com> wrote:> On 3/22/06, Bill Kelly <billk / cts.com> wrote:>> I like the approach taken by Nitro (http://www.nitrohq.com/) which>> seems to be working in close collaboration with the facets>> (http://facets.rubyforge.org/) library.  I'm just learning Nitro, but>> from what I've read, they seem to be consciously factoring their core>> extensions out to the facets library where appropriate, which makes>> those extensions available for anyone to use, on a method-by-method>> granularity.  Neat.  :)> There's a fair amount of overlap between ActiveSupport and Facets,> from what I've seen.  It would be nice if the Rails team would> collaborate with the Facets team, since the original intent of Facets,> as I understand it, was to provide a single source for all the handy> extensions people were coming up with.
I would prefer that they didn't. The primary maintainer of Facets hassome odd notions on what should and should not be in Ruby, the languagethat I think makes Facets nigh-unusable.
I would prefer to see something that does what Facets does, but does itsmarter and without trying to change the way that Ruby itself works.This is unlikely to happen under the current maintainer of Facets.
-austin--Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca