Matt wrote:

> OK. That worked! Now I'm confused (again) when to use the class and when to use an instance. For example take rfc1123_date. Why wasn't it inherited by the instance? I admit to not knowing enough about OO, but the only other language I've ever really tried was Perl's OO. And I hated it. ;)

Hi,

I found the perlboot man page to be helpful in understanding some basic
OO ideas.  It's got Perl code, and I've tried to translate it into
Ruby.  The result is rubyboot.  Check this URL:
http://rubyboot.sourceforge.net

I'm new to Ruby & OO also, and appreciate any ideas, corrections,
improvements.

Thanks.
clpoda