On Wednesday 22 March 2006 01:17 pm, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> Randy Kramer wrote:
> > [root@s14 /]# rpm -q libreadline
> > package libreadline is not installed
> >
> > I get a similar result.  Maybe that's part of the problem--I think I'll
> > try to uninstall then reinstall libreadline.
>
> You may need the devel version of the package, so the readline headers
> are found when you compile ruby.

Joel,

Thanks!  That sounds like a likely possibility, but I'm not very familiar with
that kind of stuff.  Haven't found a package anything like readline-devel or
similar, nor a readline.h on my system.  Posted a question over on the
Mandriva expert list, I'll see if somebody there can give me some help.

Randy Kramer