Keith Sader wrote:
> Any thoughts?

Of course ;-)

3 million updates per day doesn't mean much to me.  With a little arithmetic,
that looks like a sustained average load of ~ 33 TPS.

Having said that, I don't know if that's reasonably within Ruby's capabilities
or not--I just think TPS (transactions per second) is a more common metric
for performance of databased applications.  (But, I could be wrong ;-)

As a Ruby newbie, unless it's grossly out of the ballpark, I'd probably try to
build it in Ruby first, then optimize, then consider upgrading hardware, and
then consider switching to another language.

Randy Kramer