On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 10:03:51AM +0900, Mark J.Reed wrote:
} I want my website to include a mixture of static HTML pages, RAILS apps,
} some simpler dynamic pages using eruby, and maybe even the occasional
} PHP page (gasp! horror! no!).  Definitely care most about the Ruby support.
}
} So what web server do you recommend?  Apache 1.3.x?  Apache 2.x?  Should
} I use mod_ruby or fastcgi?  What does RAILS integrate best with?
}
} Thanks for any suggestions.

I have had great success with Apache2 and fcgid. Installing it under Debian
was pretty much trivial. Getting a Rails app working involved a little bit
of messing with routes and configs, but that's it.

--Greg