On 20/03/06, gregarican <greg.kujawa / gmail.com> wrote:> I apologize for the off topic post, but I am trying to use a Remote> Desktop Protocol client on my company's Sharp Zaurus PDA's. And there> is an error message I am receiving that is described on a Japanese web> site. Since my knowledge of Japanese is nil could anyone be so kind as> to give me a hand translating it to English? I'd really appreciate it.
Here's a quick translation:
----
The Zaurus can access Windows XP's Remote Desktop
Actually, I only found out about this software about a fortnight ago.When I downloaded the package from the distribution site(http://os.american-data.com/rdesktop/ports/qtrdesktop/) and tried torun it, it failed with the following error:
BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 62: elf_get_dynamic_info:Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed!
On other sites, it says that it works if you installopenssl-0.9.7a_0.9.7a_arm.ipk and qtrdesktop_1.2.0_arm.ipk, but nomatter what I tried it wouldn't work...
I really didn't know what to do, but when I asked on a Zaurus BBS, itseemed that others had made progress. Basically, the problem was thatthe qtrdesktop package on the distribution site was broken.
Ultimately, I was able to succeed by installing qtrdesktop fromanother site (http://zaurus.geeek.org/Cacko/feed/).
Before using qtrdesktop, in the Remote tab of Windows XP's SystemProperties, I checked the box to enable connections, set a password,and configured it to ask for a password.
After that, it was just a matter of starting qtrdesktop and enteringthe IP address, user name and password. Next, to try using it...
It's very useful! I can use Remote Desktop on my Zaurus. It's somehowsurprising. Try it yourself.
----
Regards,Paul.