I apologize for the off topic post, but knowing that many ruby
programmers are emacs/PowerBook users, I don't think this is
completely irrelevant..

For all you emacs/PowerBook users, how do you live with your
PowerBook?  I've been thinking about buying a powerbook for four
years now but didn't only because using emacs key bindings seems
extremely awkward on Apple's laptops.  On the lower left side of
powerbook, there is a 'fn' key which confuses my figures on the
correct positions of control/meta(option) keys.  On the lower right
side of powerbook, there is no control/meta keys due to the placement
of near useless arrow keys.

I actually had expected someone would build/sell a customized
PowerBook keyboards tailored for emacs users by now..  I am confused
since no other emacs users seem to be bothered by this.  I really
think Apple should at least provide an option of the replacement
keyboard for emacs PowerBook users.

With the introduction of MacBook Pro and near ubiquitousness of WiFi
connection, my desire for a laptop couldn't have been higher.  Can
anybody who share this dilemma comment on this?

For those of you who think I'm a total nut for expecting Apple to
solve my person problem, emacs key bindings have been supported in
all text widgets of Cocoa applications ever since Mac OS X came out
and it's only logical to expect their hardware to be designed in line
with their software features.

sorry for the rant,

daesan