Speaking of Ruby/Rails and Windows, what are the chances of getting a
unified Ruby/Rails One-Click Installer that has everything in both
Instant Rails and the Ruby One-Click installer rolled into one package?
It seems totally counterintuitive to me to have to install both of them
to get, for example, FreeRide and Scite and Rails. And the last time I
looked, the Ruby versions were different in the two packages.

By the way, I'm not all that much interested in a Linux version of
either of these. My preference is to have things integrated with the
native Linux package management system for any given distribution
whenever possible, and my distro -- Gentoo -- does a pretty good job
with Ruby and Rails. I think Debian is also pretty good with them,
although it's been a while since I did anything with Debian. I can't
comment on Fedora/Red Hat or SUsE -- haven't touched them recently.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

http://linuxcapacityplanning.com