Hi all,

My rails app is going to count sth based on poll id in the url. The url
looks like:
http://address.com?id=dwNKiItvcyrQ5sycnIhmJablDfXsc9tshaGIVyNIei7.e7&some_other_parameters

In a controller, I've created a hash where the keys are the ids:

@codes = {
         'dwNKiItvcyrQ5sycnIhmJablDfXsc9tshaGIVyNIei7.e7' =>
         {:partner_id => 0,
         :partner_name => 'sth',
         :page_number => 1},
         }

Then i do:

poll_id = '"' + params['id'] + '"'

The problem is, @codes[poll_id] returns nil.

Otherwise, @codes["dwNKiItvcyrQ5sycnIhmJablDfXsc9tshaGIVyNIei7.e7"]
works ok. What am I doing wrong if the keys are the same and explicite
string works while variable doesn't?

Can you explain me that and write how to solve that problem?

Thanks in advance, greetz

--
K.O.N.L.I.N.            konlin / post.pl
   Kinetic Organism Normally for Logical Infiltration and Nullification,

          "Day after day, love turns grey
           Like the skin of a dying man"