anne001 wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody taught the traditional computer courses in
> ruby.

It's funny how every decade or so the prominent language taught at
colleges and universities changes. The late 80's probably were all
about Smalltalk. Then the late 90's were likely Java-centric. Where are
things now? I would guestimate C# perhaps? I think it's a shame that
most schools might not offer a variety of different languages to choose
from. Like a survey course for a general overview of many different
languages. Or tracks consisting of 1) one of the major commercial
languages (Java, C#, C, C++) and 2) one of the lesser known programming
languagues (Ruby, Python).