On Mar 17, 2006, at 3:33 PM, gparsons wrote:

> I'm trying to do something similar to the following:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <Rules id="ruleset1">
>   <Rule num="1">
>     <Description>Foo must equal "bar".</Description>
>     <Code>Foo = "bar"</Code>
>   </Rule>
> </Rules>

This is well-formed XML.

(BTW, there is nothing wrong with the use of caps in the element
names, maybe slightly unusual but that's all -- just don't forget
that XML is case sensitive)

> I'm reading the actual rules and descriptions in from a giant file and
> when i spit it back out into an xml file i get errors involving the
> quotes around bar.  Looking at examples that should be working i
> notice
> there's a difference between the quotes (if this will show up in
> groups
> it's: " vs " ).  I'm by no means an xml expert (or even novice) so i
> may just be missing something here, but it seems like it's
> something to
> do with the encodings maybe?  Anyone have any suggestions?

What is giving you the errors? If I read you correctly, it is when
you are writing the XML, so it isn't a parser giving you trouble.

Cheers,
Bob

> - Geoff

----