benjohn / fysh.org wrote:
> I'd like to fill a module with valueless constants (because I don't care
> about the actual values, just that they are uneque, and named) - is that
> a good thing to do, and can I do that? :)
>
> I tried:
>
> module AnEnum
>   :ValueOne
>   :ValueTwo
> end
>
> But mentioning a constant's sysmbol doesn't define it.

That's true. :-)  If you just need the names you can just use symbols
(you don't even have to define them).  You could do

module AnEnum
   VALUES = [
     :foo,
     :bar,
     :dummy,
   ].freeze
end

If you look for more sophisticated solutions: There was a posting about
this around 9. and 10. March this year with subject "Enums (was: My Ruby
talk @ work..)".  You'll also likely find something in the RAA:

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/

Kind regards

	robert