On 3/17/06, Anders Vesterberg <anders1 / vesdakon.se> wrote:
> Hi all
> I would like to know if Ruby is used by companies in
> Sweden. I am a software consultant that have been using
> Java for a (to) long time, but as an old Smalltalker, Ruby
> turns me on.
> Is Ruby used in projects by companies in Sweden? Are Ruby-
> or Rails-knowledge beginning to get valuable?
> If you want to email me directly my address is:
> anders1-at-vesdakon-dot-se (you know what I mean)

As an old member of the Gothenburg Ruby User Group I should probably
chip in and say that I do not know of any companies that officially
have said that they use Ruby for any business-critical development. I
would guess that it is used quite a lot "under the covers" by
developers for "internal" type-of projects and that interest is
building up.

We use it quite a lot in our research but it is not commercial in the
sense you mean.

There is a pretty large Python-based company in Gothenburg, btw, so
some openness to dynlangs seem to be available in the Swedish business
sector.

Best regards,

Robert Feldt

Ps. We haven't met in the Gbg RUG for many years... ;)