Robert Feldt wrote:
> My view is more that the students we educate today should take part in
> transforming the industry and thus needs a broader knowledge base than
> just what is currently in fashion. This would indicate using more
> "obscure" languages like Ruby, Python, Haskell, IO, Transmuter etc.

IMHO that's true for a completely other reason as well: the task of
educating people does not stop with the mainstream.  In order to be able
to choose from different options you'll have to know them.  So this
knowledge is not only necessary for transforming the industry but even
for working successfully within it.  My 0.02...

Kind regards

	robert