On 3/16/06, John Carter <john.carter / tait.co.nz> wrote:
> Warning, this may be hazardous for your health, but it works for me.
>
> ps. Anyone worked out how to use gcc profile feedback to build a faster
> ruby yet?

There was a good article on using profiling information to optimize GCC
builds in the RedHat magazine (iirc).   I've been interested in trying it
with Ruby since I read it.   I'm thinking that profiling it with ruby-tests
and the test suites of a couple of major gems would be a good way to
go.

Since Ryan's announcement of multiruby, I've been procrastinating
with a specific target instead of just idley thinking I should do it.
Now that I've announced it publicly, I should have even more reason
to try it out.

--
thanks,
-pate