"Lyle Johnson" <ljohnson / resgen.com> wrote in message news:<tlr2n28uj5n034 / corp.supernews.com>...
> > Any idea what might be wrong?  I've tried adding the
> > /home/ruby/lib/ruby/1.6/i386-cygwin/fox.so to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH but
> > this didn't help.  I don't think this is a cywgin1.dll clash because
> > all the other cygwin commands are working fine and ruby seems to be
> > working fine in all other respects.  It seems to be able to find the
> > library but there is an error in loading it...
>
> <sigh>
>
> This may be the last straw that drives me to take a look at Ruby's code for
> error messages. There's no telling what "Error 127" means, is there?
>
> You shouldn't need to add anything to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH; Ruby should be
> able to find that directory just fine. You may have to break down and build
> it (FOX and FXRuby) from the source code if you aren't using it with the
> regular Ruby 1.6 installer for Windows. I don't know why you'd get a Cygwin
> clash with FXRuby and not the others, unless it's because FXRuby uses the
> C++ library (whereas all of the standard Ruby extensions are C only) -- but
> that's a stretch.

I have already built the FOX library from scratch using gcc on cygwin.
 I still got the same error.

I haven't built FXRuby from scratch, however.  I am using fox-0.99.173
as I couldn't get the latest (fox-0.99.174) to compile--a reference to
IMAGE_SUBSYSTEM_WINDOWS_CE_GUI macro was added in 174 in fxutils.cpp
that was undefined when I tried to build it.

Am I using a version (0.99.173) of fox that is compatible with FXRuby?

I'll try building FXRuby from scratch and see what happens.

Thanks,

Robbie