Ray wrote:
> Tim, i just tried this:
>
> Tiger:/opt/local/bin rails$ composite -version
> Version: ImageMagick 6.2.4 02/24/06 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
>
> So i guess I'm running ImageMagick 6.2.4???

Yes, that's right.

> Also, to clarify my question around text formatting, I need to set
> formats in line (on particular words), not globally to the caption
> parameter. Can it be done?

No. ImageMagick is an image processing library so its support for text
is limited. If you absolutely have to do this using Ruby+ImageMagick
then you might have more luck with RMagick's RVG class. It'll still be
hard. While RVG does allow you to specify styling on individual words,
it doesn't support embedded newlines so you'll have to do the
positioning yourself. Check out RVG's support for text at
http://www.simplesystems.org/RMagick/doc/rvgtext.html, with particular
attention to tspans:
http://www.simplesystems.org/RMagick/doc/rvgtspan.html

Another approach would be to produce an EPS file, or a PDF (with
PDF::Writer) that contains the formatted text and then convert it to
the destination format with RMagick.

> Cheers and happy St. Patrick's Day, Ray

Thanks! You too!