Michael Fellinger wrote:
> Hey Jeff,
>
> There have been two rubyquizzes (is that really the plural?) on that:
> http://rubyquiz.com/quiz35.html
> http://rubyquiz.com/quiz36.html
>
> You should also check RAA and rubyforge for that.
> http://raa.ruby-lang.org/search.rhtml?search=chess
> http://rubyforge.org/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=chess&Search=Search
>
> Hope that helps you a bit :)
>
> ~~~~manveru

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the links.  Unfortunately the ruby quizzes were for
two-player chess, but I'm hoping to find some code that would let me
play against the computer.  Being new to chess I'm not looking for Deep
Blue quality, just something that works reasonably well (maybe up to a
900 chess rating, not 2500).

Uh oh... I'm getting the feeling as I write this that I might have
ventured into the waters of "he who suggested it should do it." :-)

It would also be a good way to compare the speed of 1.8.2 vs. 2.0
(whenever 2.0 comes out).

Jeff
www.softiesonrails.com