Joe Percival asked:
> What I am looking for is an explanation of how to upgrade from Ruby
> 1.8.2 to Ruby 1.8.4 on a Windows XP machine that does not require
> building the application from source code.  I would like to get the
> complete ruby, including the features listed as missing in the one-click
> installer preview-3.

The One-Click Installer 1.8.4-preview3 _is_ "the complete ruby". As far as I
know, download it, and either install it over the top of 1.8.2 or uninstall
1.8.2 first.

If you're concerned about possible bugs in the package, you may want to wait
for Curt (who's doing a great service to the Windows+Ruby community in his
spare time -- thanks Curt) to release a final version.

Alternatively, there's another Windows distribution of Ruby that comes
pre-compiled, known as ruby-mswin32. The One-Click Installer is a superset
of ruby-mswin32. It's the standard, basic, "complete ruby." Don't expect the
feature-set of the One-Click Installer.
http://www.garbagecollect.jp/ruby/mswin32/en/

Cheers,
Dave