James,

>How about PHP? I believe it powers RubyForge.org.  Or is it Perl?
>I'm a big fan of eating one's own dog food.  I try whenever possible to
>use Ruby for Ruby sites.    But I wouldn't shun the Artima site because
>Bill Venner uses Java (disclaimer: I edit an Artima-backed Ruby site
>that is powered by, *gasp*, Java).

As I said before, the idea is promoting Ruby, I am Ok with other
programming languages, particulary Java, the world I come from. I don't

agree with the "one size fits all" theory.

>Same as Artima's Ruby Buzz.  The downside, though, is the collection
>includes a few blogs with only a smattering of Ruby content, and some

I am sure not every  blog is a gem, but actually I am surprised by the
quality of many of the blogs that registered since monday, when
RubyCorner launched.

>I couldn't see he full list of what blogs were registered on RubyCorner.
>  More than 17, I gather.

Today there are more than 40 blogs registered and about 60 users, the
firrst day they were only 10.

>are written in languages I am unable to read.

We hope to provide soon a tagging facilty, allowing people to tag with
labes as "spanish". We are trying hard to promote Ruby and Rails in the
spanish and latin american community, so I hope there will be a lot
more blogs about this topics not written in english ;-)

>Best of luck.

Thanks!

>I tend not to use such sites; I prefer to select sites and follow them
>Athrough Bloglines; fewer intermediaries. I do not want to discourage

We hope that people used to feedreaders will discover new valuable
blogs through RubyCorner and add them to their services. We suppose
other people will do fine with their favorites of updated lists at
RubyCorner.

>anyone from jumping in and offering a community resource.   I do think,
>though, that questions of focus and differentiation are worth considering.

Thanks for you comments, as I said before "any feedback will be
appreciated"

An?bal Rojas
http://www.rubycorner.com/
http://www.valhallaproject.com/contact-us/