On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 05:33 +0900, eastcoastcoder / gmail.com wrote:
> +1 that Ruby is in major need of a cURL binding.
>
> Too bad I don't know how to do it... would love to see it done,
> though....

I've found updating old extension code to Ruby 1.8 to be a great way to
learn :)

I played a bit more with rbCurl and found it to be fairly stable and
functional, so I posted a copy with my patch applied at:

	http://roscopeco.co.uk/code/rbCurl-0.0.2-03.06.tar.gz

(I tried contacting the original author, but received no response -
understandably I guess since it looks like it's been a few years...)

Also, OP: You may find that you can get what you need fairly easily with
net/http or open_uri, both in the standard library...