On 3/15/06, gregarican <greg.kujawa / gmail.com> wrote:> Austin Ziegler wrote:>> > No. Of the choices, MSYS/MINGW is going to work most like Unix. MSVC6> > is no longer available for legal download. But...> >> > VS.NET (2002 & 2003) & VS (2005) use a later MSVC runtime DLL (7, 7.1,> > and 8.0) that are different than the MSVC6 runtime DLL. The MSVC8 DLL> > is significantly different even than VS.NET (7, 7.1).> >> >> > I am also working, in fits and starts, on compile instructions for cl> > 14 (VS 2005) with the currently-free Express version. This will be> > something that ultimately can go through the entire Ruby build process> > and build something like the one-click installer for you.> >> >> > -austin>> This sounds pretty complicated as a DIY solution or a project goal. I> certainly applaud your efforts in accomplishing this. Seeing that> Microsoft's runtime distros are a moving target it doesn't appear to be> a no-brainer for sure :-)
Did I say "instructions?"
This will also include batch files to do certain things.
Most things, in fact. Since the VS 2005 builds require patches onalmost everything.
-austin--Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca