I am just starting to learn Ruby, and I am very excited about it.  In
sharing my excitement with other programmers, I do often get the "well, what
is written in Ruby?" question.  I can talk about Rails to some extent, but I
think we do need more variety in the types of killer apps that we produce in
Ruby.  Particularly for someone like me who is coming from an all Windows
forms C# background.  The first question I got was "can you make scalable
windows application in it?"

Which, btw, if anyone has the answer to that question I would be eternally
grateful.

Joshua Volz