Jeff Coleman wrote:
> Does anyone else find gVim 6.4 a bit unstable on Windows XP?  It's
> become my editor of choice since learning it recently but I'm noticing
> some peculiar behavior.  Last night I spontaneously lost the "Edit in
> vim" context-menu option, at the same time as its autoindenting feature
> changed on its own.
>
> So I can confirm what's going on, what options control the
> autoindenting?
>
> The behavior I want is for it to indent two spaces after I type
> something like
>
> x = Fred.new(
>   indent like this.
>
> and hit Enter.
>
> What I'm seeing is that it indents to the point of the open parenthesis.
>
> x = Fred.new(
>              indent like this.
>
> I'm not sure what options govern this or why it changed, because it was
> behaving properly yesterday and I haven't altered the _vimrc options.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

I don't know about your situation, but the latter is what it does for me
in both vim 6.2 and 6.4, on osx and linux respectively. I didn't realize
it was doing this, I seem to remember the former behavior, however I
prefer the latter behavior so I'm not complaining. I've in fact wondered
how to get it in the past. Not sure if this is a recent ruby-vim change
or a recent vim change, but if a vim change it's been around since 6.2
at least.