toby wrote:
> After more searching on forums and other pages it seems that ruby-xslt
> is very hard to install under windows. Has anyone done it before and
> could point me to some instructions?
>
> Alternativly does anyone know of another way that is easier to install
> under windows. I want to do a very simple xslt transform, that reads in
> a series of XML files and produces a series of html files. I am dipping
> my toes into new water as i don't know a huge amount about ruby or xslt.

If your tranformations are really simple,
http://www.martinfowler.com/bliki/MovingAwayFromXslt.html might inspire you.

For instance, I didn't find any sound Ruby alternative to Perl's
HTML::Template (anything with similar logic and usage: I want to have my
templates Perl-compatible/to-Perl-transformable as far as possible),
thus I have used this approach to write my own one (a very simple
"subset", of course). It has been easy and the code is short, but quite
powerful, at least quite enough for me.

P.