Hello,

you are on Windows? (me too...)

With FileUtils.cp, there seem to be some quirks:

(1)
If you wish to copy files, including the timestamp ("mtime"), utime
is used for this, which has a minor bug which might give you an
erroneous time with a difference of 1 hour.

(2)
If you wish to copy whole directories with FileUtils.cp_r and setting
the option :preserve=>true, in order to preserve for example the time
stamp you probably will get an error. (At least, I get it on Windows
98SE.)

(3)
If you copy with FileUtils from Windows XP to an USB flash drive and
then look at these files under Windows 98SE (...me again ;-)  ), the
lettercase of previously all downcase filenames, which fit to the old
8.3-DOS-filename convention, will be changed to all uppercase.

I'm just tinkering with the above issues (unfortunately).

For (1) and (2), I have a "dirty" fix.

For (3), I have nothing useable.

(Of course, if you like, I can post the fixes here; but be aware,
that I'm "hobby-programmer" only, so there might be a quality-issue.)

If you are on Windows, You also might be interested in "xxcopy"; it
is someting like a very much improved version of xcopy. AFAIK, it is
free for private use.

Best regards,

Axel

I'm using ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i386-mswin32]