> ... It is interesting to note that for the month of
> March '06 ruby-talk has 2329 messages so far, while the Rails list
> (rails / lists.rubyonrails.org) has 3945. I don't think that's
> significant enough to confirm, but it does lend some weight to the
> somewhat troubling idea.

While I no longer subscribe to the Rails list, I left it with the
impression that a disproportionate number of the messages there were
either never answered, threads-of-one, simply of no interest (for me
of course), however you want to put it... abysmal signal-to-noise
ratio. In fact, I rather liked it when the volume here was lower than
it is now. In this case quantity certainly does not correlate to
quality.