That's an interesting view point Gary. Hadn't thouhgt of it that way. I
agree that '<<' always stuck out like a sore thumb to me too. One would
think it is an operator. But it's more like 'class<<' is a keyword.
Odd.

I like how your idea lends itself to using variables for classes in the
syntax, which David points out doesn't work presently --but I don't see
why it couldn't.

OTOH, using the YAS (Yet Another Sigil) idea I suggested,

  class obj!
  end

Is bit interesting too. But maybe everyone's right about introducing
YAS.

Speaking of "sigil" that gives me a notion.

  obj.sigclass

or just

  obj.sig

Where 'sig' of course means 'special interest group'. Hey, it's got the
right meaning. :-)

T.