Here is a nonsensical class that uses class, instance, and local
variables. I don't think creating my own class variable accessors is
Rubyish, but I just threw it in there for kicks.

class Foo
	attr_accessor :instVar, :localVar
	@@classVar="class variable"
	localVar="local variable"

	def initialize
		super
		@instVar="instance variable"
	end

	def self.classVar
		return @@classVar
	end

	def self.classVar=other
		@@classVar=other
		return @@classVar
	end

	def localVarCheck
		begin
			print "#{self}'s local variable is #{localVar}.\n"
		rescue NameError => e
			print "#{self}'s local variable doesn't exist! The specific error
is:\n#{e}.\n"

print "Foo's classVar is set to #{Foo.classVar}.\n"
print "Foo's classVar is now changed to #{Foo.classVar="new class
variable"}.\n"
foo=Foo.new
print "foo's instVar is set to #{foo.instVar}.\n"
print "foo's instVar is now changed to #{foo.instVar="new instance
variable"}.\n"
foo.localVarCheck