> So my question is: has someone else used "method_missing" this way and
> are there any "show stoppers" to use "method missing" this way. I'm
> planning to use this idea for a very important project and I want to
> try to avoid to run into troubles because of a lack of experience.

Generally method_missing magic may lead to infinite recursion loops,
which are quite annoying. I would suggest to allow this kind of magic
only in special blocks, which are evaled in the instance scope of a
database object.

class Database
  def initialize(root)
   @root = FSDB::Database.new(root)
  end
  def method_missing
  def with(&block)
    instance_eval(&block)

db = Database.new("/tmp/examples")

db.with do
  scripts.myscripts.show_it("one","two")
  scripts.make_it("one","two")
  scripts.hello_method()
end

Note, that you lose the instance scope, so methods and instance
variables are not available in the block.

How about recognizing accessor calls for writing to the database?