On 3/14/06, Bill Barnhill <xmlarchitect / gmail.com> wrote:
> If I have the constraint that objects within a certain group must be able to
> respond to the methods that make up behavior X, then what would be the best
> way to ensure that?

The point of duck typing is that your code automatically ensures it,
without any extra work on your part, by raising exceptions when the
methods aren't implemented.  The bonus you get for relying on your
code to do just-in-time type verification is that the "prototypes"
never get out of sync with the actual requirements of the code,
because the code IS the prototype.

~Avdi