On Mar 14, 2006, at 6:11 AM, Peter Fitzgibbons wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Can someone explain to me the reason for SimpleDelegator over using
> "just a
> variable".

I asked the same question when I wrote the documentation for that
library.  We tried and tried, but only ever came up with one semi-
reasonable use for it.

It you wrap something with SimpleDelegator and hand it off to some
method, you could later change the underlying delegation object, even
though you wouldn't have access to the variable the object is stored
in.  This still seems like a stretch to me since some event will need
to trigger the change and you could probably just build the API to
hand-off the new object at that point.  Still, it's the only use I've
ever come up with.

In short, I suspect it's a not often used feature.   ;)

James Edward Gray II