Miles Monroe wrote:
> I would like to use Ruby and REXML to wrap an XML document and allow
> access to the element nodes, attributes, and text.  Essentially I need
> an XML document builder loosely coupled from the document.
>
> It seems like Ruby is powerful enough to code generate a class given an
> XML document or build an object at run-time with the appropriate
> accessors.
>
> For instance:
>
> order = XmlBuilder.new
[... example elided ...]

Are you wanting to build a DOM object, or build a string containing XML
markup?  If the later, Builder::XmlMarkup will do this.  If the former,
it would be interesting to create a Builder with a similar API to
Buidler::XmlMarkup, but generated DOM trees instead of strings.

Or perhaps you are looking for something completely different.

XML Builder Link:  http://builder.rubyforge.org/

--
-- Jim Weirich