Jim Weirich wrote:
> Heh!  Well, almost.  I like to say that everything you can bind to a
> variable is an object.  The problem is that you are playing games with
> syntax.  You are trying to represent the operator of an expression with
> an expression.  Since the operator itself is not a full expression, you
> can't jam an expression in that place.

OK.  I'm trying to get aquinted with the terminology.  Would we say
that operators, methods, and messages aren't first class entities?
They're second class citizens, like functions in C (you can't create
new functions in C at runtime, but you can do quite a bit with function
pointers).  Does that sound about right?

>puts((1..10).collect{|n| n.send((times =~ /^t/ ? "*" : "+"), number) }.join(","))

Works like a charm.

Thanks,

Greg Buchholz