On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 08:29:15AM +0900, MikkelFJ wrote:

> Despite my previous point, I do not really approve the GTK approach. Why on
> earth not implement the stuff in C++ when that is what you are trying to do.
> Choose the right language for the right job. The Fox toolkit deliberately
> chose C++ for that reason.

the reason the gtk people chose C (it's on their site somewhere) is so that GTK+ would be more portable. Sane implementations of C exist on more platforms than C++, C++ has no ABI (fixed in gcc 3.0, but not in any ISO standards or anything), and i think they had in mind people wrapping it in their favorite languages. and most extensible languages are more easily extensible in C. or something.

--

Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother.
- Kahlil Gibran