On 3/13/06, anibalrojas / gmail.com <anibalrojas / gmail.com> wrote:

>     After spending some of our spare time (a software developer having
> "spare time"? really?) writing unit and functional tests, RubyCorner is
> going live: A blog directory focused on the Ruby language and any other
> related project.
>
>    We like to think about RubyCorner as a "meeting place" for the
> community, also as a "focal point" where the people new to this
> technology can quickly tune into the pulse of the community.

Let me begin by saying I'm glad whenever anyone wants to contribute
their "spare time" towards things that help promote Ruby, so I
sincerely appreciate the hard work that must have gone into this site.

I am having trouble determining exactly what purpose this new web site
serves other than to muddy the waters a little more. For example, it
sounds like at least part of the functionality of RubyCorner is to act
as a kind of aggregator for Ruby-related blog posts -- but we already
have that with Artima's Ruby Buzz
(http://www.artima.com/buzz/community.jsp?forum=123), or Planet Ruby
(http://planetruby.0x42.net). How do you distinguish this site from
similar existing sites? And if there is no significant difference, it
seems like this addition would only serve to splinter the community
into yet another sub-group. I guess I'm having some of the same
feelings I get whenever someone suggests splitting the ruby-talk
mailing list up into multiple sub-lists.