I've got a few scripts which need to run as system daemons. For a while
it worked to just manually start them, but it soon became annoying, so I
wrote a little script to create and install the init scripts for me.

Here's what it does... it takes a template init script (similar to
/etc/init.d/skeleton) and updates it according to passed in arguments,
and then installs the script into /etc/init.d/

That's it... now, i just run /etc/init.d/myservice start|restart|stop

any/all feedback would be great! Thanks,

Zach

p.s. - this will only work on *nix-like systems which use systemv style
init scripts