On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 13:13:47 +0100, David N. Welton wrote:

> Yes, I saw that on http://www.libreriauniversitaria.it and was surprised
>  at how quickly it came out in Italian.

Well, I'm quite happy about it...

> I think Ruby's getting a lot of traction here in Italy... in Padova, a
> few guys from the Java Users Group formed a Ruby Users Group:-)

And this is good. Python is not really widespread (even if our Alex
Martelli is one of the most known pythonists), but is growing. In my city
there are a couple of software houses that are using Python (and a couple
of friends *work* with it).

Here it is Java-PHP-VB. Sigh. But I'm happy some Javaists got interested
with ruby. How can I partecipate with this RUG? It's official? Is there a
mailing list?

I was thinking about doing kind of a ruby.it, but I told... it's better
someone else does it, I'm not a really experienced ruby programmer. Still
I'd like to partecipate.

> Do you know who did the translation?  Some of the guys at Hoepli do
> pretty good work.

I own the book :)
Inside I read:

Traduzione:
Georges Piriou,
Marco Triplini

In fact there are also some modifications in respect with the english
version. Where appropriate there are "Translator notes" (Rails is really
"english" based)

> Yes, hopefully it will make Rails more 'boss friendly' here, although
> that will make it less of a competitive advantage for those who 'get it':-)

Yes. But until hostings won't offer ruby, I'm afraid will go on with PHP
(and that is bad).

--
USB Priests for only 10$