Mc Osten wrote:
> I have recently seen the italian version of "Agile Web Developement with
> Rails" in bookstores. It's italian title is "Sviluppare applicazioni Web
>   con Rails" (unfortunately the "agile" part got lost).

Yes, I saw that on http://www.libreriauniversitaria.it and was surprised
 at how quickly it came out in Italian.

> This is as far as I know the first book in italian that talks about Ruby
> (well, not really "Ruby", but at least about something closely related,
> and probably someone who gets in touch with Rails will also learn Ruby).

I think Ruby's getting a lot of traction here in Italy... in Padova, a
few guys from the Java Users Group formed a Ruby Users Group:-)

> Even if I do not really like Italian books (I just can't stand
> tranlation mistakes, poor editions -- compared with some US ones ), I
> decided to buy it.

Do you know who did the translation?  Some of the guys at Hoepli do
pretty good work.

> Unfortunately a lot of people in my country do not read english books. A
> technology that is not covered by some book in italian is quite often
> ignored: that is why I salute with joy this new book.

Yes, hopefully it will make Rails more 'boss friendly' here, although
that will make it less of a competitive advantage for those who 'get it':-)

--
David N. Welton
- http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting