I have recently seen the italian version of "Agile Web Developement with
Rails" in bookstores. It's italian title is "Sviluppare applicazioni Web
   con Rails" (unfortunately the "agile" part got lost).

This is as far as I know the first book in italian that talks about Ruby
(well, not really "Ruby", but at least about something closely related,
and probably someone who gets in touch with Rails will also learn Ruby).

Even if I do not really like Italian books (I just can't stand
tranlation mistakes, poor editions -- compared with some US ones ), I
decided to buy it.

I put aside my projudices and bought the italian edition since I think
it is good to show editors that they can earn money even with "not
mainstream technologies" (where in Italy mainstream means
PHP|Java|.Net|MS in general, and recently "Linux" "CSS" and "MacOS" --
but no Cocoa, for example ).

We have a couple of books about Python (and one is very old, dating back
to Python 2.1) and this one. Of course things like Haskell do not even
exist.
In fact as many people began buying books on MacOS, more books got
translated: I hope the very same thing can happen for Ruby or Python.

Unfortunately a lot of people in my country do not read english books. A
technology that is not covered by some book in italian is quite often
ignored: that is why I salute with joy this new book.