MikkelFJ <mikkelj-anti-spam / post1.dknet.dk> wrote:
: In C you can store function pointers inside structures, thus essentially
: pass behaviour around. You can not enherit structures, but you can point
: from one structure to another to another. Syntactically this is not always
: elegant, but conceptually C is very powerful if you want it to be. It comes
: down to programming style.

Of course you can.  C is a portable assembler.  And of course Ruby is
written in, wait for it, C.
In the Turing sense, all languages are equivalent, and OO in C is
equivalent to OO in Ruby.  Anything you can write in one language, you
can theoretically write in another.  But as the human brain percieves it,
they are not; differing syntax in this case yields differing semantics,
and consequently some programs may be torturously difficult to write in
another language.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to find some angels and a pin for them
to dance on.