From: "Harry Truax" <htruax / stf.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for good reads on Ruby TK GUI programming
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 02:34:58 +0900
> Obviously, all of this stuff cannot fit on one screen. So I want to
> functionally break-up my application per screen. The View Manager is almost
> done, got the packing and class creation stuff down, but I do not have the
> Ruby TK know-how yet on how to jump between screens - however, your code I
> am sure will help.

Is the 'screen' a physical (multi-display) screen? Or a logical one?
If you mean jump between physical screens, I think there is no way on
the standard Ruby/Tk.

On the workflow of your application, is each non-main screen modal
(before finising the work on the screen, it doesn't need to jump
to the other screen)? Or have to switch between non-main screens?
And how large are non-main screens against the physical screen?

If modal and not so large, I think, a dialog type of a non-main
screen is better.

If modal but very large, the way such like as my example is not bad.

If not modal and not so large, it is enough to control screens with
TkToplevel#raise/lower and focus.

If not modal but very large, a tab stype widget (e.g. tabnotebook
on [incr Tcl]) may be suitable.