John N. Alegre wrote:

> When I set the SMTP server as host on mailers such as evolution or the Mac
> OX X mailer I use no user / pass authorization.  I just pass the mail to
> that machine using SMTP.  Why would this be different from Ruby code?

Are you 100% sure there is no username/password combo stored in a
keychain or any other place on your Mac? If there is that's why the Mac
is automatically referencing this. Much like how my Outlook/Exchange
environment stores my information. But if I want to access raw SMTP
using Ruby I need to manually authenticate. Just a wild guess...