On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 09:03:34PM +0900, Lloyd Zusman wrote:
> You have made some good points and illustrated them well.  And I mostly
> agree with the opinions you have expounded upon in your sermon.
>
> And now, I have a question:  could you show us how the example above would
> be coded in Ruby?  Your pseudo-code is very nice, but a good, concrete,
> totally runnable Ruby example of the exact logging scenario that you have
> spoken about would be even better.

Take a look at AspectR, AOP for Ruby:
  http://www.ce.chalmers.se/~feldt/ruby/extensions/aspectr/

and see the example of use.
It's pure Ruby, no preprocessor or precompiler.

An alternate way for logging is implemeted in application.rb
available at RAA.

Regards,

  Michael

--
Michael Neumann  ***  eMail uu9r / rz.uni-karlsruhe.de