Troy Denkinger wrote:
> I'm starting to feel my way around in Ruby after having been a Perler
> for a
> very long time.  I'm trying to figure out how to write a proper test
> harness
> in Ruby and so far I'm running up against a brick wall.  All my classes
> have
> good unit tests using Test::Unit.  However, I want to create a harness
> that
> I can use to run all of the unit tests at a go and give me a
> success/failure
> report across all tests.  Every time I make a significant change I have
> remember to run all my unit tests, which is error prone.

I use rake.  Create a Rakefile with the following:

---------
require 'rake/testtask'

task :default => :test

Rake::TestTask.new(:test) do |t|
  t.test_files = FileList['test/test_*.rb']
  t.verbose = true
end
---------

The above assumes all your tests are in the test directory and begin
with 'test_'.  Change as needed for your situation.

To invoke, just type

   rake

or

   rake test