From: dave / thomases.com [mailto:dave / thomases.com]On Behalf Of Dave
Thomas
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2001 11:54 PM
To: ruby-talk ML; ruby-talk / netlab.co.jp
Subject: [ruby-talk:18320] Re: Ruby Book

"Tom Malone" <tom / hurstlinks.com> writes:

> However, I am fairly new to programming (intermediate JavaScript skills
and
> some PHP experience) and found it a little advanced for my experience
level.
> Does anyone know when another book about Ruby might be published in
English,
> maybe one that is geared more towards beginners? Are there any more Ruby
> books out there on the horizon? Thanks.

Mark Slagell seems to be working on just what you want (although
you'll have to wait for Santa to deliver it)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672322528/qid=995860350/sr=1-4/ref=s
c_b_4/104-8355535-9623161

I'm looking forward to seeing this one myself: Ruby should be a great
language to teach object orientation.

Regards

Dave